My Life is Boring and I’m OK With That!
OK, so I don’t actually mean that my life is boring. We still have our fun. We get together with our friends, go out to dinner regularly, and when we are feeling particularly crazy we may venture down town for a night on the town (aka an early dinner and back home before midnight).
So I guess what I am actually saying is that life today is quite different than it was a few years ago. Different how?
Lets just say that I now anxiously await Friday nights so I can have a much needed date night with my couch and my DVR (and my fiance of course). Honestly though, by the time five o’clock rolls around the sweat pants are on. Wine may be involved, but that just ups my chances of passing out before the 10 o’clock news even comes on. I can’t tell you how many times we have tried to watch a movie on a Friday night and end up falling asleep less than halfway through. There are so many movies I have just given up on..
We also tend to eat dinner a lot earlier these days. Sometimes we just barely miss the early bird special. Screw 8 pm or 9 pm dinner times, I want my dinner early so I can get in bed at a reasonable hour. I get cranky if I don’t get my full 8 hours a night.
It is kind of funny to look back on my life, even a year ago, and see how much it has actually changed. No longer will you find trekking home from the bars at 3 am on a weeknight. Shit, you won’t even find me out that late on a weekend. Honestly, I haven’t even been out to a bar in months. It is so much better waking up on a Saturday or a Sunday not being hungover. I get so much more done!! Did you know that you can actually be productive on the weekends instead of sleeping all day?
Since this post has basically turned into why it is so much better
becoming antisocial staying in instead of going out and getting shit faced all time. Here are some other pros:
- Don’t have to go through the trouble of deciding what to wear.
- You don’t have to go through the whole process of getting ready. I am sorry, but showering, drying your hair, putting on makeup, and that whole deal is such a pain in the ass.
- Spend less money. Which means you have more for online shopping!
- You can catch up on all the shows you missed during the week.
- You don’t have to make small talk with people you really don’t like anyway. Seriously, small talk is the worst. I don’t want to stand there pretending to be interesting in what some random acquaintance has to say. Especially after working all week! It’s exhausting.
- Netflix! So many shows to binge watch.
If none of those reasons convince you, just wait until you get older and start to feel like you are dying the next day after you have been out all night the night before. Trust me eventually you start feeling like you’ve been hit by a truck. A very large truck.