Between the ongoing cold weather, the holidays and multiple family commitments, as well as my recent run in with the plague (aka pneumonia) I decided it was time to have a little fun before I went completely insane. So in order to save my mental health I decided to have a ladies wine tasting party because you know, wine not? (haha see what I did there).
Why a wine party you ask? Well, I like wine (a lot). Pair that with cheese, sliced meats, olives, and girl gossip and you’ve got yourself an amazing time. Also, I thought having a wine tasting would make things a little more interesting (Besides a wine tasting is classy and makes it completely acceptable to drink multiple bottles of wine on a Saturday afternoon. Apparently, if you just sit around your house alone enjoying a nice bottle of Cabernet you’re an alcoholic).
I decided to go with a blind wine tasting and throw in a prize at the end for the person who brought the most popular wine. Here is how a blind tasting works:
- Have everyone bring two bottles of the same wine pre-wrapped in a brown paper bag. Make sure the wine is wrapped before the guests arrive because you don’t want to know who brought what.
- When the guests arrive one of the bottles gets a number and the other bottle get set to the side.
- Start with number one and go through tasting each wine until you have tasted them all. I had my guests rinse out their glasses in between each tasting so that they wouldn’t be mixing wines. (Ultimately, I would have loved to provide each guest with a separate glass for each tasting, but I don’t have that many wine glasses).
- I provided my guests with a wine tasting sheet I found on Pinterest so that they could rate each wine and mark down any notes.
- When everyone was done tasting we compiled the ratings and the person who had the most popular wine won all the second bottles of wine. (I KNOW!! What a prize) They can take the bottles home or in our case we popped open some more and continued on with the party.
It was a great time with some of my favorite ladies and would totally do it again. So, if you’re in the mood for a little fun try hosting a wine party. Pick up some wine, throw together some yummy snacks, and invite some of your ladies. (The best part, when you host you don’t have to drive home!)