Life has been such a whirlwind lately that I’ve felt like a spinning top. You know, the kind you played with as a kid before moving on to something more entertaining. Or you can just picture the scene in the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy is stuck inside the house that gets caught right in the middle of a tornado.
While it has been somewhat overwhelming the past few weeks, and some of my hobbies have gone by the wayside, in general I would have to say that things have been pretty good.
So I don’t seem like I have actually become a hermit hiding away from the rest of the world, here is a brief run down:
- I started doing freelance work for one of my friends company; helping him write his blog, writing presses releases, and other content related projects. I am super excited about this because it is giving me the opportunity to use my writing skills in a totally different venue. Can’t wait to continue to build a larger client base!
- At my full time job we finally hired another writer who has helped relieve the work load tremendously. She is wonderful, not completely off her rocker like the last one. Additionally, with the new addition to our team, my boss has been giving me more opportunities and responsibilities.
- Recently met a great guy and so far things are going really well. So for those of you out there constantly asking me if I’m seeing anyone, I can now actually say, yes. This does not mean that you can start talking marriage.
- My sister came in town for a visit, which is always a good time. Until we get sick of each other and its time for her to leave.
- I have spent a lot of my free time participating more in junior league activities and fundraisers. Through this organization I have met a lot of great new friends. (Plus free wine always helps…)
Other than that I have pretty much just been running on the great hamster wheel of life.
Note: I am sad to report that mother nature is still being somewhat of a bitch. We have had a few nice days, but in general it’s still pretty cold. With the arrival of spring things have gotten a little more interesting with all of the rain. Cold and rainy, yay! (sigh)