Pack your bags ladies and gentleman because we are going on VACATION!!
I wish, but actually my husband and I just got back from a week long vacation at the most magical place on Earth; Disney World!
Normally I can’t wait to get my vacation started, but when you throw the word “family” in front of it (and I am sure many people will agree with me) I was a little nervous. Yep, for my first family vacation with my husband’s side of the family all 11 of us, plus 4 family friends, went to see Mickey Mouse. Thankfully, other than some blisters, sun burns, and a couple of bruises, everyone came back pretty much in one piece. Sure I am still sore, completely exhausted, and now sick with some sort of flu/cold (zika?) thing, but I survived and most importantly I had a lot of fun.
When we planned this…. family vacation I was honestly pretty scared because his family are “get up and go, go, go” type of people. They want to be up and at the park before it even opens so they can beat the lines to the best rides. I am more of a “wake up look at the time, roll over, whine, finally sit up and stare for a solid 5 minutes before crawling to the coffee pot” type of person. Before this trip I didn’t even know you could line up inside the park before like noon. Did you know that at Animal Kingdom they open the park by releasing a bunch of parrots in the air? Yeah, I didn’t either (Honestly, I think I could have gone my whole life without knowing this, but it was kinda cool. You know before getting trampled by a stampede of people trying to be the first to get on the African Safari ride.)
Anyway, I have to say I was expecting some drama because all of us are different and tend to be set in our own ways, but things were pretty mellow. (This may or may not be code for no one was a complete raving bitch and I may or may not be surprised by that.) I don’t know, maybe I was expecting some huge blow up or yelling match, but nope none of that happened.
So yes we were on vacation, but don’t let that word fool you. While we may have been off work and out of town, this trip was anything but relaxing. Fun, yes. Relaxing, not even close. Let me just give you a quick run down:
- On Tuesday September 13th, at the wonderful time of 1:30 am, we wake up to go meet Tom’s oldest sister so we can leave for the airport with enough time to make our 6 am flight.(Why we chose such an early flight you ask? I have no idea). I have no shame in saying that once we got to our gate (after his mom yelled at a bunch of people at Starbucks. Once again no idea.) I laid down on the dirty carpet and tried to get some sleep.
- We get to Orlando about 9:40 am (after a 2 hour flight, in which a child kept kicking the back of my seat. The “turn around and stare” didn’t work so well) and made our way to the hotel. After checking in and changing, Tom and I headed to Holly Wood Studios.
- It’s now about 11:30 am, I am completely exhausted and very cranky. We go on one ride before I have a complete panic attack. (To be fair the bar on the Rockin Roller Coaster was suffocating me and people were taking way too long to get off the fing ride.).After my mini melt down, we head back to the hotel, eat, and then get ready to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom that night.
- Around 5 pm we get to the Magical Kingdom (by now we have been up about 15 hours) and have just enough time to get one photo before the torrential down pour begins. After most of the rides get shut down, the shows get cancelled, and we are thoroughly soaked we give in and head back to the hotel for the night.
- The next day we are up at 7 am to go to Animal Kingdom where we proceed to wait in line 30 minutes before the park opens so that we can run ahead of the forming line to go on the African Safari Ride. Then eat, pool, shower, and more Disney Park fun.
- The rest of the week goes pretty much the same way, except on Saturday I was actually able to sleep in until, gasp… 9 am. Then on Sunday some asshole booked breakfast at 7:30 am. (This of course means I woke up at 7:15 am put pants on and walked down the hotel hall to the table.)
So as you can see we have a fun filled week! But don’t you worry, we will be doing all this again soon, but this time for FREE. Yep you heard me, free. While all this fun (insanity) was going on a hotel employee decided to go in our room, lock the door, and take a dump. We just happened to come back and catch him the process.
As I said before this trip was a lot of fun, but I think I am going to need sometime to relax before heading out on another family adventure.
Some photos of the trip:
Mickey’s Halloween Party
Ladies at Yatch Club
Rockin Roller Coaster
Beauty and The Beast
Beauty and The Beast